Día de actualización: 04-12-2023
Industria: Software Development
Posición: Mid-Senior level
Tipo de empleo: Full-time
Contenido de trabajoLead the team responsible for MicroK8s and Charmed Kubernetes.
Canonical offers two distributions of upstream Kubernetes, and enables multiple partners to build their own specialised distributions too. For small clusters, IoT, and developers, we offer Microk8s, a very popular low-ops, self-healing, highly available Kubernetes. Our goal with MicroK8s is to have Kubernetes disappear into the background, with a one-command install and one-command cluster deployment approach that uses best-of-breed defaults, and maintains itself automatically. For large-scale deployments with complex integration requirements we offer Charmed Kubernetes, which enables people to mix-and-match components from a wide range of open source and proprietary vendors across the industry, with specific architectures on metal and clouds.
As the engineering manager of the Kubernetes team you’ll engage the Kubernetes community, represent Canonical and Ubuntu at KubeCon, and use your engineering leadership abilities to guide teams using Python and Go to deliver exciting new features to thousands of enthusiastic users. Join our globally distributed team and help build the next generation of container technology for devs, cloud, clusters, workstations, Edge and IoT.
This is an exciting opportunity for a leader passionate about strong teams, open source software, Linux and Kubernetes. Build a rewarding, meaningful career working with the best and brightest people in technology at Canonical, a growing international software company.
What you’ll do
- Build and lead a globally distributed team of engineers
- Develop talent through coaching, mentoring, feedback and hands-on career development
- Support timely delivery of technical solutions to address business needs
- Effectively set and manage expectations with other engineering teams, senior management, and external stakeholders
- Advocate and advance modern, agile software development practices
- Develop and evangelize great engineering and organizational practices
- Grow a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in line with the company values
- Be an active part of the leadership team and collaborate with other leaders in the organisation
- Participate in strong engineering process through code and architectural review
- Engage with teams at Canonical, the open source community and commercial partners
- Oversee the quality, and engineering practices of a large team of software engineers building Kubernetes offereings.
- Work from home with global travel for 4 to 6 weeks per year for internal and external events
- You love developing and growing people and have a strong track record of doing it
- You are knowledgeable and passionate about software development
- You have some experience in leading, managing, coaching and mentoring software developers
- You are focused on success and the delivery of timely, high quality software
- You have solid experience working in an agile development environment
- You have a Bachelor’s or equivalent in Computer Science, STEM or similar degree
- You have strong written and verbal technical communication skills
- You bring an understanding of modern Linux, Containers, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Practical experience with cloud technologies and containers
Haga clic para postularse como candidato gratuito
⏰ 10-12-2023🌏 Málaga, Andalucía
⏰ 24-12-2023🌏 Sevilla, Andalucía
⏰ 29-12-2023🌏 Córdoba, Andalucía
⏰ 26-12-2023🌏 Granada, Andalucía
⏰ 13-12-2023🌏 Granada, Andalucía
⏰ 29-12-2023🌏 Málaga, Andalucía
⏰ 25-12-2023🌏 Granada, Andalucía
⏰ 27-12-2023🌏 Marbella, Andalucía
⏰ 19-12-2023🌏 El Ejido, Andalucía
⏰ 25-12-2023🌏 Granada, Andalucía