Job type: Full-time
The Southern Europe Finance Manager is a key member of the Finance team who will have overall responsibility for the ownership of the Balance Sheet, Controls environment and all financial legal and tax compliance for the Company in Spain, Italy and France. The business are currently going through a transition onto Microsoft Dynamics 365 and, therefore, this is an exciting opportunity for someone to drive improvements as the project is rolled out across the region.
Based in Sant Cugat Office in Spain reporting to EMEA Financial Controller.
Available to travel both domestically and internationally
- Responsibility for the Trial Balances of the Company
- Responsibility for the preparation and validation of the monthly financial statements.
- Responsibility for the Company tax returns including Vat (monthly), Intrastat (monthly), Model 349 (monthly), IRPF (monthly) and Model 347 customers/suppliers annual
- Responsible for preparation and submission of the Company statutory reporting requirements
- Responsibility for completion and review of balance sheet reconciliations and load into the Blackline software.
- Responsibility of the Company banking relationship and management of payments
- Supervision of cash flow and foreign exchange exposure forecasts.
- Liaising with the external auditors in Spain
- Highlight areas of internal control or process weakness and recommend improvements.
- Submission of half yearly reporting packs to group (Group Consolidation Pack, Unit Analytical Review, Internal Controls Questionnaire and Tax Pack).
- Management of small team of accountants including their development and general oversight of in-country finance team in Spain, France and Italy
- Uses existing procedures to solve standard problems; analyzes information and standard practices to make judgments
- Drive improvements in reporting accuracy, timeliness, and insightfulness
- Support monthly close process to ensure timely and accurate financial results
- Ensure on-going communication and dialogue with key stakeholders across the Company
- At least 5-7 years of experience in the field or in a related area. (Finance/Accounting)
- Good understanding and appreciation of business systems with a sound understanding of business processes and data flows.
- Good understanding of ERP systems – Microsoft D365 preferable
- Ability to think and challenge the status quo on existing processes and assumptions.
- Ability and desire to think about business processes and solutions across the whole business and our different geographies and species.
- Good at absorbing information and building on what’s been learned.
- A self-motivated team player with the ability to work effectively in remote, multi-discipline teams.
- Works with a sense of urgency and has a ‘starter-finisher’ approach.
- Proven analytical skills and a good problem solver.
- Proven communication skills with excellent oral and writing skills and the ability to communicate in an organised and concise manner.
- Provide programme status updates to local staff – both formally and informally and help train local staff
- Experience managing highly sensitive information with extreme integrity
- Experience managing and operating within a matrixed reporting relationship
- Good English language skills
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 16-12-2022🌏 Badalona, Cataluña
⏰ 10-12-2022🌏 Girona, Cataluña
⏰ 21-12-2022🌏 Sant Cugat del Vallès, Cataluña
⏰ 21-12-2022🌏 Vilafranca del Penedès, Cataluña
⏰ 07-12-2022🌏 Sant Cugat del Vallès, Cataluña
⏰ 10-12-2022🌏 Mataró, Cataluña
⏰ 05-12-2022🌏 Barcelona, Cataluña
💸 25.000 € al año⏰ 18-12-2022🌏 Cornellà del Terri, Cataluña
⏰ 23-12-2022🌏 El Prat de Llobregat, Cataluña
⏰ 16-12-2022🌏 Barcelona, Cataluña