Category: IT - Software
Job type: Full-time
Job contentAs a SSU & Regulatory maintenance Specialist, you will be responsible to coordinate SSU activities in global studies in maintenance, you will become the single point of contact with sponsor and you will become the functional lead for clinical teams, ensuring all activities are done timely and with quality
Come discover what our 25,000+ employees already know: work here matters everywhere. We’re a growing and evolving biopharmaceutical industry leader, which means you’ll have endless opportunities to work with experts around the world and build the career you’ve dreamed of.
As a part of the Syneos Health team, you’ll help us deliver results for a rewarding reason - we improve patients’ lives around the world. Because to us, a patient isn’t just a number, they’re our family, friends, and neighbors.
Why Syneos Health
- #SyneosHealthLife means we’re committed to our Total Self culture - where everyone can authentically be themselves. Our Total Self culture is what unites us globally, and we know every person’s unique contributions make a difference.
- We believe our success is a direct result of the people who are driving it - you! We value your dedication to care for our customers and patients, so we want to focus on taking care of you. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits program encompassing your total health - physical, mental and financial.
- We are continuously building the company we all want to work for and our customers want to work with. Why? Because when we bring together diversity of thoughts, backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives - we’re able to create a place where everyone feels like they belong.
- Provides oversight of all project SSU activities which encompasses all activities for life cycle maintenance amendment deliverables.
- Collaborates with all major functional area leads including (SSU Country Managers, Project Management, Clinical, Data Management and Medical Writing).
- Ensures all project deliverables meet the internal customers’ expectations and the contracted deliverables and any key performance indicators, providing accurate projections, quality of output, reports and updates, and ongoing risk assessments, as per manager’s instruction.
- Develops and maintains relationships with customers in alignment with their assigned projects. Ensures that individual project targets and client needs are met, services are provided with the highest quality standards, and policies and procedures are followed.
- Assumes accountability on SSU deliverables including, but not limited to:
- Life cycle maintenance amendment activities;
- Communication and coordination with country start-up specialists for all RA, IEC/IRB submission deliverables;
- Overall SSU timelines for life cycle maintenance amendment activities;
- Communication and coordination with Site Contract Negotiator(s) for amendments to contracts and/or budget independent to the submission deliverables.
- Maintains plans in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures and/or sponsor-scoped processes. Complies all controlled document requirements and other requirements to ensure quality deliverables.
- Manages life cycle maintenance activities’ timelines and reports weekly progress including plans to address any potential timing risks/gaps and prepares and presents regulatory strategy and status at client meetings and communicates outcomes to project team.
- Reviews the project budget for out of scope activities for life cycle maintenance activities in collaboration with Project Lead (PL) to ensure project profitability.
- In collaboration with the PL, reconciles revenue units completed and projects future units on a monthly basis
- Uses corporate tools for planning and management of scope, timeline, and resources and ensures minimum hours are used for tasks. If out-of-scope work is requested, notifies the PM and tracks out-of-scope work.
- Prepares the core submission documents and core clinical trial application dossier and obtains agreement from the Sponsor on package contents in line with the Regulatory Impact Assessment.
- Performs a Regulatory Impact Assessment on core amendment submission documents and communicates any risk mitigation to Sponsor/Project teams and oversees review for Regulatory Impact Assessment for 2nd level to identify gaps, highlights any risk management to Sponsor/Project teams
- Oversees country compilation, quality review, and submission of country-specific applications as per the study’s scope of work and Integrated Site Activation and Maintenance Plan.
- Accountable for the timely follow-up for Ethics Committee/Regulatory Authority enquiries or objections in collaboration with the country SSU Specialists. Meets or expedites the planned submission/approval timelines; if forecasted timelines are not reached or if any potential issue is identified, pro-actively solves or escalates the problem quickly.
- Identifies best practices and participates in process improvement initiatives in conjunction with the global SSU leadership plan and project deliverables.
- Provides life cycle maintenance specific training and mentoring to junior teams and/or new starters.
- Provides oversight supporting SSU & Regulatory Director with quality issues and escalations as required supporting SSU business unit requirements.
- Attends Sponsor meetings to discuss regulatory strategy for complex study amendments or changes supporting other more junior team members.
- Attends and provides SSU operational oversight presentations for audits or inspections as required.What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent understanding of clinical trial process across Phases II-IV and ICH GCP
- Good understanding clinical protocols and associated study specifications
- Excellent understanding of clinical trial start-up processes
- Project management experience in a fast-paced environment
- Good vendor management skills
- Strong organizational skills with proven ability to handle multiple projects
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Quality-driven in all managed activities
- Strong negotiating skills. Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to mentor, lead and motivate more junior staff
- Demonstrate an ability to provide quality feedback and guidance to peers
- Contribute to a training and Quality assurance plan within SSU and update SOPs/WI
We are the only full-service biopharmaceutical solutions company in the world. That means we bring together the best clinical and commercial minds to create a better, smarter, faster way to get medicines into the hands of patients who need it most. Learn more about Syneos Health.
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities as listed in this job description are not exhaustive. The Company, at its sole discretion and with no prior notice, may assign other tasks, duties, and job responsibilities. Equivalent experience, skills, and/or education will also be considered so qualifications of incumbents may differ from those listed in the Job Description. The Company, at its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes as equivalent to the qualifications described above. Further, nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract. Occasionally, required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees. The Company is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, including the provision of reasonable accommodations, when appropriate, to assist employees or applicants to perform the essential functions of the job.
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 07-10-2022🌏 Santiago de Compostela, Galicia
⏰ 11-10-2022🌏 Santiago de Compostela, Galicia
⏰ 09-10-2022🌏 A Coruña, Galicia
⏰ 09-10-2022🌏 A Coruña, Galicia
⏰ 21-10-2022🌏 Santiago de Compostela, Galicia
⏰ 21-10-2022🌏 A Coruña, Galicia
⏰ 23-10-2022🌏 La Coruña, Galicia
⏰ 22-10-2022🌏 Santiago de Compostela, Galicia
⏰ 13-10-2022🌏 Vigo, Galicia
⏰ 21-10-2022🌏 Vigo, Galicia