Job type: Full-time
Job contentEA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning innovation, fan programs and cross-platform digital experiences dedicated to growing the love of sports. EA SPORTS creates authentic, immersive, and fun experiences that invite a diverse audience of players to create, connect, compete, and self-express through industry-leading sports videogames and live services, including FIFA , Madden NFL , NHL , NBA LIVE , and EA SPORTS UFC . For more information about EA SPORTS, including news, video, blogs, forums and game apps, please visit www.easports.com .
Interested in joining our team? EA Madrid is looking for passionate Software Engineers and Development Managers of all levels to develop genre-bending features like The One for our Madden franchise.
The Challenge Ahead
The Rendering Software Engineer is an essential part of the game creation process. They are involved in architectural design, implementation, and debugging of rendering technology on multiple platforms; work with Designers, Artists and other Engineers to solve complex computer graphics problems.
What a Rendering Software Engineer Does At EA
- The Graphics Engineer has a very broad view of the game’s rendering codebase, and works daily on implementing features that can involve numerous aspects of the graphics and visual domain.
- You will develop graphic and related rendering systems for the Madden Franchise
- Profile and optimization of rendering, lighting and shading components of a game engine
- You will programme the core rendering tool, feature, and graphical engine components of game engine
- You will work with designers, animators, artists and other engineers on the implementation of new rendering and animation features
- Debugs and improve gameplay infrastructure and processes.
- You will participate in code reviews.
- You will maintain high code quality standards throughout the development cycle.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
- 5+ years C++ programming experience
- Expertise in a few of the following areas: shaders (HLSL, GLSL, CGFX), animation, skinning, lighting, special effects, particle systems, art pipelines, tool development and game engine architecture
- Experience with multithreading and Object-oriented Programming
- Understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization.
- Debugging skills
- Knowledge of art related tools to include Photoshop, 3DS Max, Maya, ZBrush.
- Experience working with data driven systems.
- Understanding of GPU and CPU architectures and optimization thereof
- Experience with scripting languages (Python, Lua) and C#
- Experience with Perforce
- Console programming experience (specifically dealing with memory and performance in a fixed resources system).
Since we realize it takes outstanding people to make outstanding games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that are motivated by creativity and passion. You will also get a benefit package that includes medical and life insurance, pension plan, meal vouchers, stocks programs, fitness reimbursement, flex benefit program…and of course, free video games.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
We Thought You Might Also Want To Know
- Click here if you want to know more about our location
- Please check out our digital magazine for more information about Living in Spain
⏰ 01-06-2022🌏 Madrid, Comunidad de Madrid
💸 27.000€ al año⏰ 05-06-2022🌏 Madrid, Comunidad de Madrid
⏰ 18-06-2022🌏 Getafe, Comunidad de Madrid
⏰ 05-06-2022🌏 Tres Cantos, Comunidad de Madrid
⏰ 18-06-2022🌏 Alcobendas, Comunidad de Madrid
💸 10,94€ por hora⏰ 08-06-2022🌏 Alcalá de Henares, Comunidad de Madrid
⏰ 13-06-2022🌏 San Sebastián de los Reyes, Comunidad de Madrid
⏰ 04-06-2022🌏 Alcobendas, Comunidad de Madrid
⏰ 12-06-2022🌏 Pozuelo, Castilla-La Mancha, Pozuelo de Alarcón
⏰ 14-06-2022🌏 Tres Cantos, Comunidad de Madrid