Update day: 01-08-2022
Industry: Law Practice
Job type: Full-time
Job contentOur Firm
Come and right wrong with us. At Shine Lawyers, we challenge the “norms” of traditional law firms, and are committed to understanding the needs of our clients, pro-actively working to always stand up for the little guy. We’re a national team of dedicated professionals, whose willingness to think creatively positions us ahead of the pack.
OurAsbestos and Dust Diseases practice litigate across multiple higher jurisdictions in Australia and has successfully represented victims and families of those suffering with: asbestos related diseases including mesothelioma, as well as silica induced injuries in the form of silicosis and coal miners black lung associated with the mining industry.
The team has been at the forefront of pioneering silica induced autoimmune injury litigation with a number of legal firsts in linking diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, scleroderma and lupus to silica dust exposure.
We are seeking a driven Associateor Senior Associateto join our Asbestos and Dust Diseases team on a permanent basis in Melbourne. This opportunity is ideal for a strong workers’ compensation litigator, hoping to progress to the next step in their associateship journey.
While this role is based in Melbourne, we are open to the successful candidate working from an alternate Shine Lawyers’ office, whilst maintaining the requirements of our clients.
Please note that although this role is a full-time opportunity, we are open to discussions about a flexible work arrangement for the right candidate.
- Provide clients with legal advice and representation to obtain compensation
- Build the practice via various networking activities
- Work across a variety of client matters that require a high level of sensitivity
- Provide legal advice to each client’s particular matter to suit their level of understanding
- Develop and maintain strong professional working relationships with clients, including effective and regular communication and managing the client’s expectations
- Draft legal documentation with a high degree of attention to detail
- Manage and run a file load with a high level of commercial and fiscal awareness
- Take an active role in working with and mentoring junior members of the team
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role
- Maturity and confidence to deal with clients, senior and junior counsel and expert witnesses
- A desire to be part of a strong, cohesive team that works together to get great results
- Demystifying the legal process to those unfamiliar with the legal system
- Passionate, motivated and enthusiastic individual who wants to take their career to the next level
An ASX-listed organisation, committed to shining a light on injustice, and making the world a better place, one client at a time. Our search is for like-minded people, passionate about giving a voice to those who would otherwise be unheard, and putting the client at the heart of all they do.
- Opportunity to reach your potential via clear career pathways
- Competitive remuneration and benefits program
- A progressive and supportive working environment, not afraid to pioneer new ways
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 22-08-2022🌏 Terrassa, Cataluña
⏰ 08-09-2022🌏 Mollet del Vallès, Cataluña
⏰ 29-08-2022🌏 Cornellà de Llobregat, Cataluña
⏰ 22-08-2022🌏 Sabadell, Cataluña
⏰ 02-09-2022🌏 Molins de Rei, Cataluña
⏰ 30-08-2022🌏 Les Franqueses del Vallès, Cataluña
⏰ 05-09-2022🌏 Sant Joan Despí, Cataluña
⏰ 31-08-2022🌏 Barcelona, Cataluña
⏰ 29-08-2022🌏 Igualada, Cataluña
⏰ 08-09-2022🌏 Martorell, Cataluña